Topcon FC-1000 Data Collector
Topcon’s new FC-1000 was designed and built by Topcon, not some third party manufacturer. We decided it was about time that a rugged field computer for surveyors, should be designed and built by the world leader in surveying instrumentation. We have been building instruments for surveyors for over 70 years. We know what you need in the field, and more importantly, we know what you demand!
The FC-1000 was built to withstand rugged use you require in the field. However, a shockproof and waterproof design is only the beginning. The keyboard is designed to be easy to use whether you are wearing gloves in the cold, or suffering through the summer heat. We even remembered to build in a hook on the back, to hang the FC-1000 on the tripod leg! The FC-1000 offers many key features not found in most other field computers. Here are the primary ones:
- Removable Compact Flash Card
- 2 comm Ports (9-pin serial, 6-pin instrument)
- USB Port
- Removable Li-Ion Batteries (off the shelf mini-cam batteries)
- Super-fast Hitachi SH-4 RISC Microprocessor running at 300 MIPS!
TopSURV Field Controller Software
This new Windows CE software installs easily in just minutes onto the new Topcon FC-1000 field computer, or other popular Windows CE devices such as the At-Work Ranger, Compaq IPaq or the Panasonic Toughbook. Providing the user with an intuitive graphical user interface, TopSURV has set a new standard for field data collection, stakeout, and control work.
The menus and screens have been designed with the operator in mind. No hassles of hunting around for an option hidden deep inside some sub-menu. All of the important field operations and features are available at the press of a button or tap on the screen.
- Multiple reference choices visible to the operator
- Graphical point path leads you to the desired point.
- Linear distances and graphical display all in one screen.
- Easy to stop and start staking, or move to the next point.
Automated Data Collection
- All raw data visible to the operator along with simple entry fields for Point ID, Descriptor Code, and Rod Ht.
- One-Touch access to Data, Map and Offset screens
- Collect data in the real-time Map Screen as well as standard text screen.
- Clear indication of operator’s location with respect to the reference line
- Text and graphics all in one easy to view screen
- Design elevation relationship also provided
- Tracking status and battery indication always in view.
Other important field controller functions include Auto-Base and Auto-Rover operations for RTK GPS positioning, Auto-Topo functions for collection by time or distance, time stamp of all raw data, extensive offset collection, and much more.
|Weight||800g (including batteries)|
|Processor Speed||300 MIPS|
|Operating System||MS Windows CE v 3.0|
|Memory||32MB SDRAM with flash ROM 2MB
32MB flash disk (Internal)
|Data Card||Removable Compact Flash|
|Display||320×240 QVGA (monochrome)
STN Reflective type
|Keyboard||56 key keyboard with separate alpha and numeric|
|Serial||RS-232C serial (6pin)
RS-232C serial (D-sub 9)
|Audio||Sealed Speaker (mono)
|Temperature||Operating: -20° C to +60° C|
|Batteries||Removable Li-ION rechargeable system|
|Operation||6+ Hours Single battery|